Applications for September 2021 entry are open to both NOA students and external applicants.
- Forms are now available from Reception / Student Services at the school or online.
- The deadline for applications is Friday 18th December 2020; applications received after this date will be considered depending on course numbers.
- Courses will run if there are sufficient numbers based on applications from students – we will know which courses are running by the 18th January 2021.
- Applicants will be invited for an interview at the school after which individual offers will be given. Interviews will start from 18th January 2021.
- A parent/carer will be expected to accompany their child to the interview. Most courses offered at NOA Sixth Form require students to achieve five grade 4 or above in their GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths. Students will also need a grade 5 or above (and a grade 5 in English) in a subject to study it at A level.
Students who do not achieve this may still be offered a place but their choice of courses may be limited. Students who are offered a place but do not achieve a grade 4 in English or Maths GCSE will be required to retake these subjects during year 12 & year 13 if necessary. Students who fail to achieve grade 4 in English and Maths will not be offered a place from September 2021.
Some subjects do have additional entry criteria that students should bear in mind when making their applications. These are listed on the subject pages but are summarized below:
|Maths AS/A level
||Grade 8 in GCSE Maths
|Further Maths AS/A level
||Grade 9 in GCSE Maths
|Biology, Physics and Chemistry A level
||Grade 6 in triple sciences or 6 in Double sciences
|Psychology, Economics, Computing
||Grade 5 or Higher in English, Maths and Science
|Spanish & French
||Grade 5 in English & Maths
||Grade 4 in English or Maths
||Grade 4 in Science & English / L2M minimum in Sport Level 2