01295 224300

Child Employment

There are strict rules regarding the employment of Children.

  • Children must be over 13 years old.
  • The hours and types of work they can do are limited.
  • Employers must register every child employed with their local council.
  • A risk assessment must be carried out.
  • All employed children must have a work permit.
  • Failure to comply with the legislation may result in legal action. 

Since November 4th 2013 all child employment work permits will be issued ONLY by the Attendance and Engagement Team.

Licensing Officer,

Oxfordshire County Council,

The County Attendance Team,

Abbey House,

Abbey Close,


Oxon, OX14 3JD

Tel: 01865 323513               

 For further information on Child Employment  Law, Work Permits and information leaflets for Parents, Students and Employers please follow the links


Doyouemployschool-agechildren.pdf 287KB Do You Employ School-Age Children?
Gotaparttimejob.pdf 305KB Got a Part Time Job?
Doyourschool-agechildrenhavejobs.pdf 326KB Do your school-age children have jobs?
ApplicationFormPartTimeEmployment.pdf 285KB Application form - Part Time Employment
SchoolWorkPermitPoster.pdf 1045KB School Work Permit Poster

Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com

The school is part of United Learning. United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12.
Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB. Tel: 01832 864 444

Financial Accountability and Freedom of Information
Website Terms, Cookies and Privacy

United Learning