There are strict rules regarding the employment of Children.
- Children must be over 13 years old.
- The hours and types of work they can do are limited.
- Employers must register every child employed with their local council.
- A risk assessment must be carried out.
- All employed children must have a work permit.
- Failure to comply with the legislation may result in legal action.
Since November 4th 2013 all child employment work permits will be issued ONLY by the Attendance and Engagement Team.
Oxfordshire County Council,
The County Attendance Team,
Oxon, OX14 3JD
Tel: 01865 323513
For further information on Child Employment Law, Work Permits and information leaflets for Parents, Students and Employers please follow the links