The A Level course in Art and Design is structured over two years. In both years you will produce creative portfolios for a coursework and examination component. The exam is a practical exam and will last for 10 hours in which time you are expected to produce a high-quality final outcome.
In your second year you will also produce a significant contextual study of 2,000-3,000 words, this will be linked to your own work and look at the artists you have been inspired by within your coursework.
- Students who study this course develop their interest in, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of art, craft and design.
- Students utilise their Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive approaches to produce innovative outcomes that are unique to them.
- Students Investigate, analyse, experiment use practical and technical skills to refine and develop their ideas in all aspects of their work.
- Students have a clear understanding of aesthetic, cultural, contextual meaning within art and are able to link this effectively to social contexts and perceptions.
- Students have a number of opportunities to be independent, to experience working with a broad range of media and to develop their own style and creativity to develop as an artist and practitioner in their own right.