We consider that uniform is important for several reasons:
- It provides students with a sense of identity and pride in their academy.
- It enhances the appearance of students and therefore the reputation of the academy.
- It helps to instil in students a sense of purpose when they put on their uniform in the morning.
If you haven't already, please do visit the year 6 into year 7 transition page. It contains lots of useful information, summer projects for your child to complete and an online form that needs to be completed by the Parent/Guardian.
Our Uniform, which must be purchased from Cross Embroidery:
- Blazer - Sleeves are worn unrolled.
- Boys - Navy blue with North Oxfordshire Academy Badge.
- Girls - Navy blue with North Oxfordshire Academy Badge, with house identity badge, which must be ironed or sewn on at home.
- Shirt - No visible undergarments to be worn e.g. long sleeve t-shirts. Light blue school shirts for both boys and girls can be purchased at high street stores such as, Tesco, ASDA and Marks & Spencer.
- Boys - A light blue long or short-sleeved shirt suitable for a tie.
- Girls - A light blue revere blouse (folded down collars).
- Trousers/Skirt - No Denim, cords, combats, leggings or tracksuits.
- Plain navy tailored trousers (ankle length).
- Navy skirt with NOA emblem on and visible at all times.
- Belts must be plain black or navy with no big buckles (no logos or oversize buckles).
- Jumper - The jumper is optional, but if students decide to wear a jumper, it must be the academy jumper.
- Grey jumper with navy/sky blue stripes.
- Ties (Boys Only)
- Each house will have a different coloured stripe on their tie (4 houses), this will enable staff to recognise which house each student belongs to. The tie is a clip on tie.
Yellow: Hawking | Blue: Turing | Purple: Pankhurst | Green: Churchill
- Must be flat plain black shoes (no boots) suitable for the academy. There should be no canvas, suede, logos, stripes or patterns on footwear. If you are in any doubt about the academy rules regarding footwear, please speak to a Pastoral Leader before purchasing shoes.
- P.E Kit - some of the below are optional
- Unisex P.E Shorts.
- NOA P.E Skort
- NOA Unisex P.E socks.
- NOA P.E Hoodie (optional)
- NOA Girls V-neck
- NOA Boys Rugby Shirt (optional)
- NOA P.E Polo
- Thermal Top (optional)
- NOA P.E Bag (optional)
- Mouth Guard
Purchasing NOA Uniform
How to order school uniform from Cross Embroidery
All orders will be treated as first come first serve. We would encourage all parents/carers to place their order as soon as possible to give us all the best back to school possible. We cannot guarantee that late orders placed during August will be fulfilled in time for the new term.
New Starter Appointments
Starting a new school is an exciting transition for all involved. Our aim is to provide a swift and stress-free experience for both parent(s)/guardian(s) and students. Having used an appointment system last year due to COVID we have found this allowed us to guide our customers easily through the uniform process during a one-to-one fitting, ensuring you only buy what you need, allowing you to top-up later as and when you require. During these difficult times we would like to offer new starters the opportunity to try on all required uniform within a 20 minute time slot. We are allowing 2 appointments at any one time with a socially distanced system in place.
New starter appointments will commence from 4th May until 30th July, we have set these appointments exclusively for students starting their new schools. We do advise booking your appointment as soon as possible to ensure we are able to supply key items of uniform to avoid disappointment that may occur with orders placed after July.
Existing Student Appointments
We will be offering appointments to students in year 8 and above from July. You can also place a click and collect order via our website. However, when collecting your click and collect order, items must be taken and tried on at home.
In order to visit the store for a fitting, parents/guardians must book in advance, via our online booking system:
• Face Masks must be worn unless exempt
• Maintain 2 Metre distance
• Please book 1 appointment per child
As we approach the busy summer season, we would ask customers to make sure that time slots are not missed as this would result in cancellation and will need to be re-booked.
Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and throughout the store. Plastic screens are fitted at every till point.
We are still accepting returns/refunds if tags are kept on the items purchased and they are in saleable condition. Any returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours and steam cleaned.
There will be no customer parking available, we have made this decision to give customers a safe and distanced place to queue.
Supply Chain Challenges
The school uniform retail sector has been warned by clothing manufacturers that some delays in deliveries may occur due to various challenges caused by the Pandemic and more recently Brexit. Although, the whole supply chain is working very hard to minimise any disruption throughout the back to school period.
To order/book go to: www.crossembroidery.com/covid Contact us: 01295 270555 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
See their Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for customers here: https://www.crossembroidery.com/covid