North Oxfordshire Academy is committed to delivering a robust Careers programme to all students in years 7-13.
The NOA careers programme is centred around equipping each and every student with the necessary skills so that they can make informed choices for next stage pathways that enable successful outcomes into viable quality employment and for personal wellbeing. With ‘jobs for life’ being replaced by portfolio careers (national norm is 9 to 10 career moves) and continuous learning at the heart of most job roles, then ‘a career’ is redefined as an individual’s journey through learning and work: our programme is about preparing young people with the necessary skills, attitudes and attributes for a life of transition and choices.
All careers activities are developed in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Please click on the links to
below to take you to the appropriate pages: