We consider that uniform is important for several reasons:
- It provides students with a sense of identity and pride in their academy.
- It enhances the appearance of students and therefore the reputation of the academy.
- It helps to instil in students a sense of purpose when they put on their uniform in the morning.
If you haven't already, please do visit the year 6 into year 7 transition page. It contains lots of useful information, summer projects for your child to complete and an online form that needs to be completed by the Parent/Guardian.
Our Uniform, which must be purchased from Cross Embroidery:
- Blazer - Sleeves are worn unrolled.
- Boys - Navy blue with North Oxfordshire Academy Badge.
- Girls - Navy blue with North Oxfordshire Academy Badge, with house identity badge, which must be ironed or sewn on at home.
- Shirt - No visible undergarments to be worn e.g. long sleeve t-shirts. Light blue school shirts for both boys and girls can be purchased at high street stores such as, Tesco, ASDA and Marks & Spencer.
- Boys - A light blue long or short-sleeved shirt suitable for a tie.
- Girls - A light blue revere blouse (folded down collars).
- Trousers/Skirt - No Denim, cords, combats, leggings or tracksuits.
- Plain navy tailored trousers (ankle length).
- Navy skirt with NOA emblem on and visible at all times.
- Belts must be plain black or navy with no big buckles (no logos or oversize buckles).
- Jumper - The jumper is optional, but if students decide to wear a jumper, it must be the academy jumper.
- Grey jumper with navy/sky blue stripes.
- Ties (Boys Only)
- Each house will have a different coloured stripe on their tie (4 houses), this will enable staff to recognise which house each student belongs to. The tie is a clip on tie.
Yellow: Hawking | Blue: Turing | Purple: Pankhurst | Green: Churchill
- Must be flat plain black shoes (no boots) suitable for the academy. There should be no canvas, suede, logos, stripes or patterns on footwear. If you are in any doubt about the academy rules regarding footwear, please speak to a Pastoral Leader before purchasing shoes.
- P.E Kit - some of the below are optional
- Unisex P.E Shorts.
- NOA P.E Skort
- NOA unisex P.E socks.
- NOA P.E Hoodie (optional)
- NOA girls V-neck
- NOA P.E Polo
- Thermal Top (optional)
- NOA P.E Bag (optional)
- Mouth Guard
Purchasing NOA Uniform
How to order school uniform from Cross Embroidery
Cross Embroidery have now completed the changes to their website and have launched their fitting appointment and click & collect services. All the relevant information is posted on the site with clear instructions on how to order school uniform from now onwards. On 15th and 16th June they are conducting staff training and then reopening the shop on 17th for new starter appointments only, with restrictions in place in accordance with government guidelines. Those who know their sizes can order via click and collect, they are strongly advising that customers book appointments and place orders as soon as they can to avoid a last minute surge in August, as this could result in unfulfilled orders.
They are also asking customers not to turn up without an appointment or collection instructions.
See their Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for customers here: https://www.crossembroidery.com/covid