At North Oxfordshire Academy we believe that every student has the right to disruption free learning. Students choose to behave at the academy and there are clear consequences for behaviour that disrupts learning or affects the academy ethos.
- Our teachers and support staff will make behaviour expectations clear and enforce B4L fairly and consistently.
- Teachers and support staff will provide guidance and support to help students reflect on their behaviour and make the right choices.
- If a student does not attend a detention parents will be informed by text message through the Academy's Keep Kids Safe programme.
- The student support team will be available to answer queries from parents or students with regard to behaviour for learning. At busy times a Welfare Manager/ Pastoral Leader may need to call parents back to answer a query.
- If a student begins to receive a high number of consequences a range of intervention and support strategies will be used to support the development of healthier learning habits.
- Parents and carers can use Go For Schools to look at a student’s behaviour record including positive reward points.
- If a C2 is received a detention will be on the same day and PARENTS will receive a text home. If a student is on zero tolerance they will be required to go directly to isolation after the C3 is given. Isolation runs from 8:30-4:00pm