2. Applications for places at the Academy will be made in accordance with the LA’s co-ordinated admission arrangements and will be made on the Common Application Form provided and administered by the LA. The Academy will use the following timetable for applications each year (exact dates within the months may vary from year to year) which, whenever possible, will fit in with the common timetable agreed by the Admissions Forum or LA:
- September - The Academy will publish in its prospectus information about the arrangements for admission, including oversubscription criteria, for the following September (e.g. in September 2007 for admission in September 2008). This will include details of open evenings and other opportunities for prospective students and their parents to visit the school. The Academy will also provide information to the LA for inclusion in the composite prospectus, as required;
- September/October - The Academy will provide opportunities for parents to visit the Academy;
- October– Common Application Form to be completed and returned to the LA to administer;
- November - LA sends application details to Academy;
- January - Academy returns ranked list, based on admissions criteria, of all applications to LA;
- February - LA applies agreed scheme for local schools, informing other LAs of offers to be made to their residents;
- 1st March offers made to parents.
- 29th March-Deadline for parents to accept or refuse the offer of a place.