School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential.
If your child is eligible for free school meals it means they can enjoy delicious, healthy meals without the bills and the fuss of making packed lunches. Many students at our school are already entitled to free school meals, and your child may be able to have them too.
Also, for every student registered for a free school meal, the school receives additional money from the Government to spend on extra school resources.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please note that you do not normally need to provide evidence of your income, only your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth.
If you think your children may be entitled to free school meals, please contact Reception for an application form